Health is a state of balance. Therefore illness and disease are states of being out of balance. Nutritional Therapy is focused on patterns of imbalance rather than focusing on an individual's symptoms and treats the whole person to restore yourself to health.
Nutritional Therapy works from the premise that the right diet not only nourishes the body and mind, but prevents diseases and can prolong life. Eastern modalities such as Chinese, Tibetan and Ayurvedic medicine all hold the concept of balance and harmony in the body and mind as a basic belief when it comes to health and disease. They believe that medicine and diet were one in the same thing.
Nutritional Therapy incorporates these views to achieve dramatic results in restoring vitality and energy to your mind and body, allowing healing to take place, thereby achieving a greater sense of overall wellbeing.
Stresses in life have been related to coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer, diabetes and autoimmune disorders. The mind and body connection is so significant that recent research and behavioral medicine is suggesting that depression and anxiety can influence physiological processes as well. Nutritional Therapy involves addressing the underlying cause and prevention of disease. A consultation consists of a full assessment of your health with a thorough case history, physical assessment of the pulses (TCM), hair, tongue, skin. A unique individualized health and dietary plan is provided which outlines the use of foods, nutrients, and lifestyle modifications. (Herbs when necessary)
Nutritional Therapy focuses on:
- Practical Eastern and Western philosophies, with an emphasis on helping you get started with a healthy way of living and eating and balancing the mind-body connection.
- A dietary program that represents ancient and traditional approaches to natural health. How to choose appropriate seasonal foods and explore other relevant dietary factors for your health and longevity.
- How to promote an understanding and awareness of how to best look after your health for each season.
- Simple and effective dietary approaches designed specifically for each individual.
- Support using only the highest standard of nutritional supplements sourced from our human food chain. This, combined with herbs, exercise and dietary advice, lifestyle considerations and "Food as Medicine" are a powerful combination for health and longevity.
- Successfully working with people on a wide range of concerns from digestive complaints, auto-immune disease, to depression and anxiety, this unique form of therapy looks at how we "feed" and "weave" together the relationship between body and mind.